Recreational License Bid 7-1-2021
June 2 @ 12:01 am - July 1 @ 2:00 pm
NOTICE OF RECREATIONAL LICENSES BID
Click on the link below to the property map to browse available property:
EXAMPLE MAP: 2021-2022 Recreational License Tracts Example Map
- Please pay close attention to the differences between Recreation including Gun and Bow, Bow Only, and Recreation Only (NO HUNTING). There are also classifications of Access: Access Ok, Limited Access, and Access Issues. If further explanation is needed, please contact University Forester, Ben Pinkleton at (205) 348-0270.
- Use the recreational property list and map to aid in determining the total number of acres in the tract and other tract information.
- Use the published Bid Form to submit a bid on each tract. If you wish to bid on multiple tracts, please use separate Bid Forms for each tract.
- Official Bid opening at 2:00m. (CDT) on July 1, 2021, at the Office of University Lands and Real Estate Services, 1115 14th Street, Tuscaloosa, AL 35401 (NOT THE MAILING ADDRESS). All bids must be received in the Office of University Lands and Real Estate Services prior to the bid opening time, to be considered. If a bid is mailed, the bid should be posted in sufficient time to insure its receipt prior to the bid submission deadline of 2:00 p.m. (CDT), July 1, 2021. The mailing address for bid submission is, The University of Alabama, Attn: Office of Land Management & Real Estate Services, Box 870176, Tuscaloosa, AL 35487-0176. Mailed bids should be marked “Recreational Bid 7-2021 – ___________ (County and Tract) in the lower left-hand corner of the envelope for bid security. Account for a few extra days for our mail system. It could take longer than residential mail. Bid forms can be emailed to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org but must be received by the deadline of 2:00 p.m. (CDT), July 1, 2021. Please call to (205) 348-6462 to confirm receipt of your bid.
- All bid results must be approved by The University of Alabama Board of Trustees. The next Board meeting will be September 17-18, 2021. Once approved, all License Agreements will be sent for execution immediately following the Board meeting. Please anticipate providing your signed agreement, payment, and proof of insurance no later than September 30, 2021.
- Minimum bid for recreational tracts is $5.00 per acre.
- If you have questions or problems, please contact the Office of University Lands and Real Estate Services at (205) 348-6462 or (205) 348-0270.
If you are interested in lands adjacent to Warrior Met Coal facilities in Jefferson or Tuscaloosa Counties, please contact our office before trying to visit these areas. Most of these areas are inaccessible for viewing.