THE UNIVERSITY OF ALABAMA RECREATIONAL PROGRAM
The next date for bidding is April 17, 2018.
Recreational Use License Bid Instructions
- Click on the link to the property map to browse available property. recreationallands.ua.edu. Please pay close attention to the differences between Recreation Only tracts and Recreation including hunting tracts.
- Use the published Bid Form to submit a bid on each tract. If you wish to bid on multiple tracts, please use separate Bid Forms for each tract.
- Official Bid opening at 10:00 a.m.(CDT) on April 17, 2018, at the Office of Land Management, 401 Queen City Avenue, on the University campus, Tuscaloosa, Alabama. All bids must be received in the Office of Land Management prior to the bid opening time, to be considered. If a bid is mailed, the bid should be posted in sufficient time to insure its receipt prior to the bid submission deadline of 10:00 a.m. (CDT), April 17, 2018. The mailing address for bid submission is the Office of Land Management & Real Estate Services, The University of Alabama, Box 870176, Tuscaloosa, AL 35487-0176. Mailed bids should be marked “Recreational Bid 4-2018 – ___________ (County and Tract) in the lower left-hand corner of the envelope for bid security. Bid forms can be emailed to the following email address: email@example.com, or faxed to (205) 348-6737, but must be received by the deadline of 10:00 a.m. (CDT), April 17, 2018.
- All bid results must be approved by The University of Alabama Board of Trustees. The next Board meeting will be June 14, 2018. Once approved, all License Agreements will be sent for execution immediately following the Board meeting. Please anticipate providing your signed agreement, payment and proof of insurance no later than July 9, 2018.
- Minimum bid for recreational tracts to include hunting is $5.00 per acre and $3.00 for tracts that are for recreational only (no hunting).
- If you have questions or problems, please contact the Office of Land Management & Real Estate Services at (205) 348-6462.